Monday, September 24, 2007

Trash Compactor


Anyone who really knows me can verify that I am a man of simple needs. Sure, like most men I'm perfectly happy with a cold bear and a **. But for that matter, what man can't appreciate such baser pleasures?
But yes, I do have other desires. For years I yearned to own my very own rubber chicken. Why? Well you never really know when you're going to need one now do you. Finally thanks to one of my favorite people I do own my very own rubber chicken. It's a splendid device that I'll cherish for the rest of my natural life. No, not laden with frills, just your basic plastic rubber chicken but it works splendidly.


Then of course there is the trash compactor.


Years ago X and I and 'da boys were in a suite in OC, MD for a few days of R&R. Low and behold there was a trash compactor. One quick trip accros the street to the 7-11 provided the nesecary foder for an exciting evening of drinking a beer, putting the empty can in the compactor and pressing the button, it was great fun. Some day I hope to have my very own trash compactor so that I can relive those joyous moments as my heart desires.


Ooops... Almost forgot the airplane.
Some day when I hit poweball, or when the boys go out and get good jobs and they can afford to buy it for me, I need a Cessna.


Oh I don't need a very fancy Cessna, in fact a little C162 Sky Catcher will do. Oh, you've never heard of a C162 Sky Catcher? Me either till recently.



General Aviation just may be back in growth mode with the new LSA (light sport aircraft). Cessna is again selling basic aircraft that could be the trainers to replace the twenty year plus old fleet of Cessna 152's and even older Cessna 150's that have been the mainstay of primary flight training throughout the world.


What has changed? The FAA has established a new category of aircraft based on ASTM specs called "Light Sport Aircraft". The kicker is that the LSA category has a maximum takeoff weight of 1,320 lbs. Well fitting snugly into that category is the new Cessna C162 which has an empty weight of 830 lbs. Compare that to the empty weight of say an ol' Cessna C150M at 1,104 lbs. Well, they put the 150 on a diet and it lost 374 lbs.
The best diet is the price. For quite some time spending about a quarter million was the cheapest anyone could leave the Cessna or Piper factory with a new aircraft. The C162 Sky Catcher will be a relative bargain at $109,500.00 and that's fully equipped with a glass cockpit instead of steam guages. (that's LCD displays instead of mechanical and electric gauges).


I'll take one to go please. Oh, the money? Well... err... I'll get back to you about that.
Cessna Sky Catcher ,


Check out the Sky Catcher Intro Video under media links, you'll see a handsome man.
Yes, it's true, he's lucky enough to look just like me. Jack Pelton, president, chairman and CEO of Cessna is my stunt double. Maybe I can get a special discount!

0 comments:

Post a Comment