Thursday, April 9, 2009

New and Old

This blog is both new and old, only several minutes old here on wordpress but I’ve begun to transfer over a few of my postings here to blogger from my Yahoo 360 page. Yahoo 360 just didn’t cut it, problems after problems and it looks like most people who started blogs there several years ago are just letting them fester, so shall I.

Today I was reading the forum post by Juan Wiliams on FoxNews about how it’s time for America to loose the “Time to End to America’s ‘Lock and Load’ Mania” and composed a brilliant comment which somehow was lost and never posted. I should have copy and pasted it here first but “shoulda” is a hindsight word.

Lets see if I can remember some of my brilliance…

It went something like this:

Juan,

Have you ever had to call 911 for a prowler or burglary?
Did the ne’er-do-well hand you the phone and wait patiently while you made the call?
Were the police there to protect you within split seconds?
If you or a family member were injured or murdered would knowing you had done the right thing by calling 911 be a comfort to you… That you did everything you could have?

Well in any event the only people who would have read it would be the 1,900+ other people who disagree with his dribble and have commented.

0 comments:

Post a Comment