Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Entry for September 21, 2006


Took the Plunge.


After 25 1/2 months I'm finally going to have a trash pickup service.


Waste Management was the first to refuse to come up the road. They figured that if they got the truck up the hill they would never get it down. Being a believer in gravity I found that hard to believe.


So, after two years of burning trash and hauling garbage off to a friends house in another township I will now be hauling it 200yds down the hill to the mailbox cluster. Not a big problem now with noble Rex at my beck and call. 26 bucks a month and they don't have a recylce pickup in this township. I still have to haul the aluminum to the Boy Scout trailer and the plastic and carboard to the county trailer that shows up once a month. Which is another thing. The recycle trailer is always supposed to be there on Saturday morning and when I get there it's already full. Well... Apparently they drop it off on Wednesday of Thursday.... Another local secret has been uncovered.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sound like you live in a very small town. Thanks for accepting my invite.

Post a Comment