Thursday, November 23, 2006

Entry for November 23, 2006


20.01 lbs.

I hate those little pop-up things almost as much as I hate the charts that tell you how long the bird has to cook. It got to the point where I was opening the oven door and whacking the pop-up thingy with a fork to see if it was stuck.

Wasn't too bad...

Started getting the thing ready at 08:00 hours this AM. Put the beast in the oven just shy of 09:30... I finally coarched the pop-up thingy to pop up at about 1345. I love those Reynolds plastic bags.

I knew I was forgetting something... You know that feeling in the back of you mind that keeps itching... Had the cranberries, yams, stuffing, olives, bread and butter, gravy. Everything was on the table, or was it. Something was missing. well didn't matter, turned out awesome.

We did the only thing that has turned into a tradition and has survived in the family. All three of "My Three Sons" at the table with me, they don't understand how this once or twice a year ocurance is what keeps me going the other 364 or 365 days. In any event, as usual I had the guys dial the phone....

"In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit amen"

"Bless us oh Lord and these Thy gifts which we are about to receive through Thy bounty, through Christ our Lord, amen."

Of course, hang up the phone...

"In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit amen"

Oh yeah...

About an hour after diner we were eating apple pie, then I remembered. The baked potatos in the microwave.

Ok, so I don't have the Mr.Mom thing down perfect, but what fun would perfect be?

0 comments:

Post a Comment