Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Entry for July 26, 2006



Major disaster befell the household in several forms as of late. Over the weekend there was the crash and demise of Bubba the Blazer and that got most of my attention... But also Duddly the dishwasher decided to act up and misbehave.



Well, last night I stopped at the gun club on the way home for my complimentary beer. The club had been closed on my birthday for a hunter safety course, so my birthday beer was postponed. Came home and decided to get productive. Took the dishwasher apart and found some pieces of broken glass jammed in the spin thingy. So... No old Duddly is spraying away, much better and quieter than he has ever been as long as I've known him.



Of the two desktops that MT&C use Hal has been acting up for a few weeks. The guys managed to download some sort of IM Trojan that filled up the hard drive with all sorts of crap. Like 80 gig of junk files in every Temp directory. I had to delete their user accounts since it was the easiest way to delete several hundred thousand junk files from their temp directories. I was able to save some of their stuff, but a lot was lost. IE still doesn't work worth a damn but they've been using Mozilla and Firefox.



Well last night after having so much success with Duddly I decided to fix Dave. Dave has been dead for about three months, so last night I fed Dave a fresh install of Windows 2k. He's still eating Windows Updates as we speak, but maybe by the weekend I'll get the energy to stuff a fresh install of XP onto Hal. I hate calling Microsoft India to get pass codes to reinstall, that's why I've been putting it off... but Hal does need to be working too.



0 comments:

Post a Comment