Saturday, July 29, 2006

Entry for July 30, 2006


Well yesterday afternoon I managed to remove most of Bubba's broken face. The physical damage to Bubba's sheetmetal looks worse than it is. There really isn't a lot to the metal, the stregth is in the frame and the bumper brackets are broken off of the frame but it doesn't look like the frame moved at all. I have the measurements so I'll be able to verify it but the big question is the health of the drivetrain. The water pump is toast as are the motor mounts, right now it's sitting about an inch too far back, no big deal as long as there isn't any hidden damage, have to get under Bubba and look see. With new mounts the drivetrain will fall right in place where it belongs so we'll see.


Once I verify the condition of the drivetrain there isn't much I can do till I get the new parts. Bubba's engine bay really looks rusty, it's not. Durring the crash Bubba reguritated his coolant, which was very old and rusty hence the color of everything that got sprayed. Might hose Bubba off, clean stuff is easier and more pleasant to work on. T& I were going to flush the cooling system, the new antifreeze is on the porch. Sure gald we didn't or I'd really be mad. Image


Might get back to Dave the Athlon 1400 today, he rejected the W2k sofware install. Might have something to do with the CMOS being set wrong, the bus was 100mhz and the multiplier was 14 after his CMOS battery crapped out, it should have been 133 x 10.5. Dave crashed severl times durring Windows Update and Win2k almost never crashes, usually it's a solid as a brick poophouse. So... Now that the CMOS is set right, I might sit down and give Dave a fresh Windows 2000 enema today. Gotta get Dave and Hal back up to speed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment