Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Entry for August 10, 2006

Bubba is at a difficult time right now. His motor mounts are a reap PITA to change. Componding it, by the time T and I can work on him each night it's already getting too dark to be safe. I have isues with placing my hands between his fully dressed 500lb engine and the frame to change the mounts while his engine is hanging from a hoist that is older than he is... in the dark... on the ground and not on a lift.


Part of the problem with having been a mechanic during my mis-spent youth is that I know how much easier things can be when you have a properly lit shop, a lift and all the right tools organized and right at hand. It also scares me a bit whenever T puts himself in a spot that might be a little less than safe.


But, have to try and get Bubba done and rolling. I might end up letting T take Rex to Wisconsin if by the time he plans to leave Bubba isn't in my eyes safe for the trip. Problem is Rex gets about 5mpg less than Bubba gets on the highway. With the price of gas, that's an issue.

0 comments:

Post a Comment